Thursday, May 22, 2008

Knights are like my kids, says SRK


It sounds pretty much like what coach Shah Rukh Khan dished out to a bunch of women hockey players before the final in Chak De! India. Only this was no final game and his team had nearly signed an exit warrant from the Indian Premier League. Before his team's hoping against hope game against Delhi Daredevils on Thursday, Shah Rukh sent out a chin-up sms longer than a panchvi class essay to the Knight Riders. He told his team, "Don't spoil your character in the next two games. Let's go out with a bang and not a whimper. In films, we say you are only as good as your last film. So let's make the whole world know how good we are in the last (maybe not) two games." Despite the defeats suffered by his team, Shah Rukh says he remains dedicated to the team. "I am as dedicated to my Knights as I am to my kids," he says. Then he adds, "Only, I won't be coming to the class room till the headmaster's rules are understood by me. I am a bit anti-establishment kind of a guy, so I apologise for this quirk to you all." In the game, Shah Rukh was asked to leave the team's dugout by ICC's anti-corruption and security unit. Unfortunately, unseasonal Delhi rain did not give his team the opportunity to sign out with a flourish.

No comments:

Privacy Policy / Disclaimer