Thursday, April 17, 2008

BRETT LEE has revealed he cannot wait to face his Aussie team-mates in the Indian Premier League.


The express bowler is one of the star players in the tournament’s first season, having signed up to play for Mohali outfit The King's XI Punjab.

With his first game against The Chennai SuperKings, Lee will come up against some of his international friends.

And the lightening fast bowler admits he has no qualms about sending down his trademark 95mph thunderbolts.

He told SunSport: “The IPL is exciting to say the least – with the Indian crowds and the big profile of the tournament.

“But for me it’s the mix of cultures – I’m playing alongside Indian pair Sri Sreesanth and Yuvraj Singh and that’s a great opportunity.

“We’re taking on Matthew Hayden and Mike Hussey in our first game and that will be interesting.

“It’s definitely going to be strange, but I’m looking forward to it. I’m used to doing my research on players from other countries.

“But these are guys are obviously class acts and I’ll going out and treating them like any other batsman.

“I’m contracted to a side here and I’ll be trying my heart out like it was a game for Australia.

“So if a bouncer or a yorker is needed to take a wicket, then I have no worries about sending one down.”

Lee enjoys a god-like status in India, an has been mobbed by fans since arriving in the country.

But having hit the top of the music charts with his debut single last year, and recently filming Bollywood flick Victory, it is not just cricket he is famous for.

He said: “I have a real soft spot in my heart for India, ever since my first tour as a junior in 1994.

“The people here are so friendly and they just love cricket.

“I had some success over here with the single, but I did it purely for the fun of it.

“People here are now talking about me as a singer – which is really funny.

“Music is my passion away from cricket, but I’ve also just finished my first Bollywood movie, which was a lot of fun.”

No comments:

Privacy Policy / Disclaimer